Phone: +49 511 2788-114
Study of electrical engineering at the RWTH Aachen University, graduated in engineering. 1999 PhD obtained from the RWTH Aachen University, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.
From 1998 to 2011, Head of the System Technology Department at the Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology in Aachen; from 2012 to 2018, Head of the Materials and Processes Department at the Laser Zentrum Hannover e.V.
In 2018, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stefan Kaierle was appointed Executive Director of the LZH and is currently Speaker of the Board.
In a joint appointment procedure of the Leibniz Universität Hannover (LUH) and the LZH, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stefan Kaierle was appointed University Professor for Laser Additive Processing in 2021.
- Laser material processing (Additive Manufacturing, joining, cutting, surface technology, generative processes, hybrid processes, micro welding, drilling)
- Laser process monitoring and simulation
- Laser system technology, laser safety technology
- Member of the Board of Directors of the European Technology Platform Photonics21 since 2014
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Laser Institute of America (LIA) 2013 - 2021
- Founding Executive Editor-in-Chief of the SPRINGER NATURE Journal Light: Science & Applications 2011
- Symposium Chair of the Photonics West LASE Conference since 2021
- General Chair of the International Congress on Applications of Lasers & Electro-Optics (ICALEO®) 2013 and 2014
- Chairman of the Executive Board of the European Laser Institute (ELI) 2003-2013
- Fellow of the European Laser Institute (ELI) 2013
- Fellow of Laser Institute of America (LIA) 2012
- Honorary professorship at the CIOMP - Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS, China) 2012
- Guest professorship at the Changchun University of Science and Technology (CUST, China) 2005
- Guest professorship at the Beijing University of Technology (BUT, China) 2007
- Member of the Clausthaler Zentrum für Materialtechnik
- Member of the Exzellenzcluster PhoenixD
- Member of the Special Research Fields 871, 1153 and 1368