Phone: +49 511 2788-370
Studied mechanical engineering at the Fachhochschule Hannover, graduated as an engineer (Dipl.-Ing. FH); 1999 completion of expert welding engineer certificate (SFI); 2013 doctorate degree (Dr.-Ing.) obtained from the Leibniz Universität Hannover from the Faculty of Engineering.
Since 2001, Dr. Jörg Hermsdorf has been working at the Laser Zentrum Hannover e.V. (LZH). 2001 to 2009 scientific employee, and from 2009 to 2018 he was Head of the Machines and Controls Group, and from 2017 to 2018 he was also Head of the Surface Technology Group in the Materials and Processes Department.
Since April 2018, Dr. Hermsdorf acts as Head of the Materials and Processes Department.
- Development of laser-assisted arc light processes
- Wire deposition welding
- Two-wire deposition welding
- Laser micro-welding of aluminum and copper using solid-state and diode lasers
- Underwater use of laser system technology
- Process control for quality assurance with laser processes