The Laser Zentrum Hannover e.V. (LZH) is a leading institute in the field of applied laser research. Approximately 250 employees carry out basic and applied research and develop solutions for industry. The Fiberoptics Group of our Laser Development Department invites applications for a
Thesis (Project- or Master thesis) (m/f/d)
Field of physics, optical technologies, mechanical engineering etc.
The Fiber Optics Group at the LZH conducts research on the development of innovative optical components for fiber lasers and amplifiers with a focus on specialty fibers and high power applications with excellent beam quality. The research area includes the design and laser-based fabrication of the components, as well as the integration of these into high-power laser systems. In an ongoing project, we are investigating the fabrication of fiber couplers, in particular wavelength-specific couplers, so-called Wavelength Division Multiplexers (WDMs). These enable combining or splitting of light signals of different wavelengths. In your work, you will continue the development of a manufacturing process at an already existing machine, to enable a reliable production of couplers according to required parameters.
- Experimental work for manufacturing of couplers with wavelength-specific channels
- Characterization of manufactured components
- Investigation of parameter influences during manufacturing
- Development of housing design to provide sufficient protection of components
Working in the research group at the LZH offers you an extraordinary environment and best conditions. We offer:
- An interdisciplinary team consisting of physicists and engineers
- Participation in ongoing research
- Supervision and technical assistance on your thesis
- Support to promote your individual strengths and to develop core competencies
- Completed bachelor degree (physics, optical technologies, mechanical engineering etc.)
- Knowledge of optics / laser technology are advantageous
- Experiences with experimental and scientific work
- Responsibility, reliable and independent working
- Good proficiency in either English or German
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration. The LZH emphasizes gender equality.
Please send your application with the reference number 71601 to:
Laser Zentrum Hannover e.V.
M.Sc. Lukas Kleihaus
Tel.: +49 (0)511-2788-265
Note on data protection in applications and in the application process
The LZH collects and processes the personal data of applicants for the purpose of processing the application process. The processing can also be done electronically. This is especially the case if an applicant submits the corresponding application documents by electronic means, for example by e-mail.
If the LZH concludes a contract of employment with an applicant, the transmitted data will be stored for the purpose of executing the employment relationship in compliance with the statutory provisions. If no contract of employment with the applicant is concluded by the LZH, the application documents will be deleted six months after the announcement of the rejection decision, provided that deletion does not conflict with any other legitimate interests of the LZH. Other legitimate interest in this sense, for example, a burden of proof in a procedure under the General Equal Treatment Act (AGG).
By submitting a postal or electronic application for a position advertised by the LZH or academic work, the applicant agrees to the electronic and non-electronic processing of his / her data.