Phone: +49 511 2788-0
Study of electrical engineering at the University of Hannover (now: Leibniz Universität Hannover), diploma in electrical engineering, PhD in mechanical engineering (production technology) in 1996 at the Leibniz Universität Hannover.
From 1991 to 1997. scientific employee at the Laser Zentrum Hannover e.V. and later Head of the Machines and Controls Department.
Afterwards, Professor Dr.-Ing. Ludger Overmeyer moved to industry and worked at the Mühlbauer AG until 2001, first as project leader, later as Head of Division and, as of 1999, as Head of Research and Development.
In 2001, appointment to Professor for Automation Technology at the Technical University of Cottbus.
Since 2002, Director of the Institute of Transport and Automation Technology (ITA) at the Leibniz Universität Hannover, and, since 2007, CEO of the Institute for Integrated Production (IPH).
In 2010, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Overmeyer was elected to the Board of Directors of the LZH. From 2013 to 2018, he acted as Scientific-Technical Director. Since 2018, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ludger Overmeyer is the chairman of the Scientific Directorate.
- Transport and automation technology
- Optical production technologies
- Laser material processing
- Lecture "Fundamentals and design of laser beam sources“
at the Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Lecture „Laser material processing“
at the Leibniz Leibniz Universität Hannover
Other lectures: www.ita.uni-hannover.de/ita-vorlesungen.html
- Scientific Society for Technical Logistics (WGTL)
- German Scientific Laser Society (WLT)
- Scientific Advisory Board of the Federal Logistics Association (BVL)
- National Academy of Science and Engineering (acatech)
- Member of various advisory and supervisory boards